Saturday, March 19, 2011

Paperwork








When Pandasaurus mentioned the other day that she had made her (first?) paper airplane, I recalled that I had seldom engineered a decent one growing up. I spotted a book on the subject at the library yesterday, and thought I'd take another crack at folding up a good glider. Adding elevators to the rear edge of the wings made all the difference (gliders tend to be nose heavy)!
Austin, who was visiting yesterday, also constructed a glider, and we exited to the back yard to test them. That's Austin, above, fishing his glider out of the pool (nose heavy, what can I say? =:o)
.
There are International competitions with both standard paper airplanes and rubber band-powered airplanes. Here in the United States, May 26th is National Paper Airplane Day.
.
Brownbird - Up, Up, and Away! - March19th


No comments: