Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Well, I've Done It Again.....=:o)






The annual "Just a little off the top" trim of our Chinaberry tree requires a multitude of saws - reciprocating, circular and bow - and may include power tool practices not recommended in any shop safety manual (if you get my drift). Among those suspect practices is "freehand" use of the circular saw.
So it was that, when freehanding the cutting-to-size of the branches removed from the tree, I did it again: another circular saw cord bites the dust. As you can see above, there's been a little upgrade in my repair work...notice the strain relief.*
That's three circular saw cords in 42 years...come to think of it, that's only one every 14 years: I've done lots of numbskull things in much greater frequency than that! =:o)
.
* My previous cord repairs gave the appearance of a boa constrictor having just swallowed a mouse
.
Brownbird - another job checked off the punch list - February 16th

No comments: