Monday, February 14, 2011

Vanagon Memories




















Volkswagon Vanagons have been highlighted in both the Dyersburg and Lakeland blogs, and I'd be remiss unless I also mentioned them here - after all, I was the proud owner of a valencia orange-colored one.

Back in the 60's and 70's, VW "buses" were mostly driven by bearded hippies (example above). On vacation, pulling a popup camper provided room for large hippie families to spread out and take turns "cooling it". Since early Vanagons had air cooled engines, owners didn't need to worry about steaming radiators when visiting hot desert climates like White Sands (above).

In closing, I thought I'd throw in a photo of a colorful promotional van we had at SeaWorld - it would have gone a lot faster if they hadn't removed the engine.

...and lastly, miss your VW bus? - This fellow did..... =:o)

.

Brownbird - My current bus is an E-150, and I love it, too - February 15th





No comments: