Saturday, February 5, 2011

Lost and Found: The Trivial



I bought this model kit of an Apache helicopter on a whim several years ago, and worked on it sporadically over a long period of time. At some point over this extended construction period, one of the four main rotor blades vanished from a parts tray. Vowing to complete the kit, I fabricated a substitute blade by cutting a duplicate from an old roller paint tray.

Fast forward two years: During my studio remodel last month, I discovered the missing blade in a place where it would have gone undiscovered forever but for the remodel.

My "paint tray" blade appears larger, as it was closer to the camera lens in this photo.
.
Meanwhile, over in Kupol, they're gearing up for "Super Bowl Monday" =:o)
.

Brownbird - watching things closer now - February 6th

No comments: